Learning more - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 11:24 AM

(Thread Starter)
Learning more

Hey people,

I've owned many different German vehicles throughout my life, but never an Audi. I've decided it may be time to purchase my first luxury sedan but I've become disheartened at what I've heard from colleagues and friends. Most seem to indicate non stop problems with their cars, but I figured I'd go somewhere with a little more expertise. Hoping to hear better things from those who have a deeper understanding of the brand.
#2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Welcome to the forum! I suppose problems are dependent on which car and model year it is and as far as I know, every manufacturer has their own problems with cars. Not even Toyota is immune to minor problems in their new vehicles. What are you looking for in the A4?
#3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 02:01 PM

(Thread Starter)
Nothing too specific, just looking for a luxury sedan that can reliable get me around. I'm trying to find something that's a little more efficient and economical, which of course offers the latest in technology and design. Some early reviews suggests the A4 sits above the rest of the cars in the segment and others say the BMW 3 series is more sporty to drive. I have seen that the additional options do raise its overall price rather quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
Nothing too specific, just looking for a luxury sedan that can reliable get me around. I'm trying to find something that's a little more efficient and economical, which of course offers the latest in technology and design. Some early reviews suggests the A4 sits above the rest of the cars in the segment and others say the BMW 3 series is more sporty to drive. I have seen that the additional options do raise its overall price rather quickly.
That also depends on who you ask because from what I have seen some people even suggest that Audi sits below BMW and Mercedes in this segment. Just when Audi showed some sign of offering a higher performing A4, BMW introduced a higher performing M4, further raising the bar.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
There's definitely some fanboyism that makes it hard to separate fact from fiction. Seems like personal preferences are more important that what you find on car publications/forums. There is no denying that the competition is steep in this segment. Guess I'll have to find some time to try and get behind the wheel of one.
#6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
There's definitely some fanboyism that makes it hard to separate fact from fiction. Seems like personal preferences are more important that what you find on car publications/forums. There is no denying that the competition is steep in this segment. Guess I'll have to find some time to try and get behind the wheel of one.
You should and right now we're getting one of the best A4's so far, unless you want something high end like an RS4, which we have yet to see.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:56 PM

There's definitely some fanboyism that makes it hard to separate fact from fiction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page