Possible A4 Cabriolet - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 11:54 AM

(Thread Starter)
Possible A4 Cabriolet

No confirmation, but AutoBild suggests Audi could bring back the A4 Cabriolet that was phased out back in 2008 to make space for the A5 Cabriolet. Now it may make a comeback to replace the A5 Cabriolet, A3 Cabriolet and TT Roadster. If this is true, the A4 Cabriolet could be based on the MQB platform because it's less expensive than the MLB and can be sized up to fit larger models.

#2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Am I think the only one who thinks a 4 door sedan looks a little odd as a convertible? Have they made any sort of indication on whether or not it would be a hard or soft top? Wonder how much it will eat into boot space.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 12:02 PM

(Thread Starter)
With something like the A4, I can only imagine a hard top and something will need to be done to the body to make it a convertible. Maybe shorten the wheelbase or something because cars look weird when you simply shop off the roof. Four door convertibles are fine so long as they're well made and designed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 01:14 PM

I just don't know how much demand there is going to be for a convertible sedan, I would think that most people interested in that option would be going with a coupe in the first place. Not to mention a hard top roof is going to eat into a significant amount of the trunk space in the A4. I'm interested in seeing a rendering for it, I just don't know how well it will sell. The only other 4 door convertible I can think of is a Wrangler..
#5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 06:05 PM

The closest car makers will get to a convertible sedan are convertible GT cars with comfortable seating for four (which is getting harder to find) and of course panoramic roof's which is now the norm.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:57 PM

I am very impressed with Audi performance, I have driven 4 to Audi cars the engine performance is awesome even if we use for 24/7 towing service NYC, it will never disappoint us, hopefully, Audi will carry on this quality of performance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page