2017 A5/S5 PowerPlants - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 AM

(Thread Starter)
2017 A5/S5 PowerPlants

Audi has finally confirmed that the A5/S5 Sportback will be coming to the US market at the LA Auto Show.

The A5 Sportback will be coming with a 252hp turbocharged 2.0L 4 banger

The S5 Sportback will be coming with a 354hp turbocharged V6 engine.

#2 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 03:17 PM

That's a heap ton of information Lol ! Jk !

But I really like these things.. Really gotta see how that cutout in the headliner looks like though. I just have to physically see one to be honest. That 354hp engine sounds mighty nice though. When should they be here ?
#3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 04:09 PM

I just really hope that even getting 10-15% more power out of that 2.0L is still within a safe threshold since if I go the 2.0L route, getting that extra bit of power might be what I need. All depending on what the stock power output feels like being put down and how its distributed.

#4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 01:09 PM

I'm pretty sure utilizing something from APR can get you that quite easily. With the Gen 3 2.0, they were able to get 75hp and 104lb-ft of torque.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM

Those power gains paired with and air intake and even an axle back exhaust will be ideal. Only downside is those are likely to void warranty. On that note anyone planning to go to an independent shop that specializes in Audi's?
#6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
Definitely, those combined and your getting some serious power gains. But as soon as you tune, that's a voided warranty right off the bat. I'll probably be checking out some reputable tuners in my area first and maybe taking their input on it and going forward from there. How about you??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page