2018 Audi S4 Performance - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:00 PM

(Thread Starter)
2018 Audi S4 Performance

The 2018 Audi S4 is here and it's packing a bit more of a punch.

Single turbo, the 3L TFSI 6 banger is putting out 354hp and 369lb-ft of torque. That's an increase of 21hp which doesn't seem like a lot, but it works it's way in. Peak torque is achieved between 1370rpm and 4500rpm. Mated to an 8-speed transmission that has been beefed up a bit to withstand the higher low-end torque values. Of course Quattro comes standard, but there's an optional Quattro sport rear differential.

0-100km/h in 4.7 seconds which makes it quicker than the BMW 340i xDrive which hits 0-100km/h in 4.9 seconds.

Quote:
As for the chassis, the reworked suspension ensures a sporty driving experience while providing grateful occupants with a gentler ride over long distances, according to Audi. Drivers can select any of four driving modes: Comfort, Auto, Dynamic and Individual. For those looking for added handling and precision, adaptive sport dampers and a dynamic steering are available as options.
Quote:
Design-wise, in addition to the sharper new lines, itís worth mentioning the aluminum-optic side mirrors, the front grille accented in platinum grey, the rear spoiler, the four exhaust pipes and the exclusively designed 19" wheels. Inside, the S4 distinguishes itself from the A4 by offering drivers a sport display mode for the virtual cockpit (speedometer and tachometer placed front and centre, plus the addition of a boost gauge and a lap timer).
Prices look as follows (CAD) :

$58,000 Progressiv trim
$62,100 Technik trim

Info via: Auto123
#2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:20 PM

I like how things are shaping up here because its starting to signal what the RS4 might be capable of and at this rate it could very well dethrone BMW, but Mercedes is going to be a tough one. Anyone here interested in the RS4?
#3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM

The new RS4 is said to have around 450bhp .... that interests me very much. Especially because it's coming from a V6 !!

#4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 03:23 PM

(Thread Starter)
Anything RS is definitely interesting to me.. but will I reach out for one, nope as it's out of my reach for being sensible unfortunately. There are the older ones, but I love the new body style and I'd rather buy something fresh and new instead of something that's probably been abused for years.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM

Not only abused but the older ones just aren't as good as these are. The whole refresh really brought a new love to the RS4 for me. I loved the performance of the older ones but aesthetically, they weren't there.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:28 PM

I'm a bit skeptical about them as I am with any super high performance model since at that point the car maker really upped the threshold for performance and power. When looking for power and reliability you can only have so much of the former
#7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:29 PM

That is definitely true. The good ol' saying : Fast, Cheap, and Reliable. You can only have two of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page