New Black Edition 2018 A4 Available In The UK - B9 Audi A4 Forum
 1Likes

#1 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 02:01 PM

(Thread Starter)
New Black Edition 2018 A4 Available In The UK

For the MY2018, Audi is preparing to release a new Black Edition A4 in the UK and itíll come with a few more standard features.

Unfortunately, the Black Edition spec A4 cars will not be getting any engine upgrades or tunes, but from past sales numbers when a similar version was offered for the previous A4 generation, Audi wonít need to tune the engine. Available with the whole A4 engine range, buyers can get a Black Edition version powered by and entry-level 1.4-litre TFSI or even the V6 TDI Quattro.

Whatís new with the special editionís exterior is a set of 19-inch five-arm alloy wheels with matt titanium finish, or 18-inch gloss black alloys at no extra cost and a titanium black styling kit that includes side mirror housings, grille and window surrounds, side skirts, rear spoiler, air intakes, rear privacy glass, acoustic front side windows and the Avant version gets an additional set of black roof rails. On the inside, owners will find a flat-bottomed steering wheel, piano black trim and up to £550 of equipment for free.

The Sport models will get a seven-inch instrument screen, front heated seats upholstered in leather, and for those who choose to go with the S-Line models, the seats will be covered in Alcantara leather.

What's more, new Audi vehicles will come standard with cruise control, rear parking sensors, and S models will feature Audi Beam.

Pricing for the Black Edition A4 starts at £32,530 for the base model and £42,950 for the V6 TDI Quattro version.
#2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:02 PM

My biggest beef with this is they didn't do enough to make it stand out like the Mercedes Edition 1 models.

This Edition 1 E-Class is a prime example of what i'm after:

#3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 09:31 PM

I think they did a great job and actually made it an edition worth spending money.

Typically black editions are just black wheels, black trim, black roof perhaps, and they charge you a good couple thousand over for no apparent reason at all.

#4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:01 PM

I think it looks a bit lack luster. I really don't like the wheels at all, they just don't match up properly. Everything else is easily overlooked and it just doesn't look special at all. Was kinda hoping for an interior shot but I haven't seen one yet. Maybe that might be good for me, but for some reason I don't have high hopes for that either.
#5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 04:06 PM

Hey look at the bright side of this, you have a set of beater wheels
Unless you don't like them even for that use. I bet someone with another Audi is willing to buy these and for some good money.
#6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 03:03 PM

i'm sure some people out there will like the Black edition and see that the additional body kit is worth the price. I don't usually have an eye for these things so the black edition looks the same to me as the normal Audi A4 and not something I'd pay for. Maybe more shade variations like the Edition 1 E-Class would help.
#7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM

It's very possible that in person, it's a lot more noticeable, but in the photos you just really can't see it. So more of a separation could help a lot, but they just didn't do it.

The kit looks really subtle and that could appeal to a lot more people but I would want a bit more aggression out of it. Step up the wow factor a little so you could really see where that money went without having to look for it.
#8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavaria View Post
i'm sure some people out there will like the Black edition and see that the additional body kit is worth the price. I don't usually have an eye for these things so the black edition looks the same to me as the normal Audi A4 and not something I'd pay for. Maybe more shade variations like the Edition 1 E-Class would help.
its not going to appeal to everyone
the way I see it this is more for that executive feel all while keeping some level of sportiness going on.
the downside is doing anything more to these black edition models will take away from the RS models.
#9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Audi has always been more towards the executive feel. This does maintain that executive look, but they still could have gone a little further on the aesthetics. The RS7 is known for a more aggressive look, but more so for the performance that comes with that badge. The crazy performance lol.
#10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:01 PM

Tell me about it.

Years ago when I didn't know a thing about Audi, RS4's would pass by me and I wouldn't know what it was. Just another Audi. Meanwhile an M3, AMG, etc clearly makes you aware of what it is, even without knowing much.

Meanwhile... here we have a subtle super sedan:

Tails likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page