APR B9 A4 Intercooler Upgrade - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:20 PM

(Thread Starter)
APR B9 A4 Intercooler Upgrade

APR has an intercooler upgrade kit out for the B9 A4 ! Check it out, haven't found any pricing yet but you can contact your local distributor and they should be able to let you know.

https://www.goapr.com/products/intercooler_b9_20t.html

#2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:19 PM

A 45 AWHP increase from just an intercooler is pretty good. But it's all dependent on how much it'll cost and if anyone sees the need to add one. Looks like it smooths out hp delivery at higher rpms too.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:31 PM

The intercooler kits for the B8/B8.5 were around $900.00 so we can expect pricing in that range. If you'll need a tune to get everything running properly beats me though.

#4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Now that's impressive and with a vehicle like this people have more room for spending, so when you start thinking about adding an intake, exhaust and tune, combined its an easy 100 horsepower.

How far are you guys willing to go with modifications?
#5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:43 PM

(Thread Starter)
If I can get to an even 400hp "reliably" I would be very content. Enough power to go out and have fun with, but subtle enough that I don't need to be running some sort of drag tire or anything like that.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 06:25 PM

An extra 150hp is desirable, but it would need to be done on pump gas and not completely throw efficiency out of the window. Also don't want to get to the point where I need to change axles and all of that crazy stuff. So just bolt-ons and tune.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 02:53 PM

(Thread Starter)
An extra 150 would bring the 252hp in the 2.0T up to my goal of 400hp. Based on what I can conjure up in my mind, pump gas is definitely possible, perhaps a 91 octane tune even. But that's with the addition of some sort of turbo upgrade, exhaust, and bumping up the boost. I doubt we would need to do any fuel upgrades but I really don't know what the capacity of the fuel pump and injectors are. We'll need to see what people end up doing. I doubt you would need to do axles or anything. Plus it's also a key thing to see how much the transmission can hold, because if it can't take that extra power, that introduces quite a bit more buck to spend on upgrading it.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:25 PM

If you have to go as far as making changes to the axles then you your power demands are definitely more then the average person and more than what the typical person would need for the street.

For the range of power most of us are looking for the typical air/fuel mods should easily do it.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:22 PM

(Thread Starter)
Getting to the point of changes axles means your turning it into a full fledged racing car to put it somewhere lol. If those are your goals, power to yah. But you don't typically see these brand new Audis in intense street races or drag races or whatever. The older ones however.. those make sense.. your buying a vehicle for a fraction of the price and throwing a decent amount of money to get it up there. If it breaks, oh well.. it's an old car. I wouldn't feel the same about a brand new B9 A4
#10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNine View Post
Getting to the point of changes axles means your turning it into a full fledged racing car to put it somewhere lol. If those are your goals, power to yah. But you don't typically see these brand new Audis in intense street races or drag races or whatever. The older ones however.. those make sense.. your buying a vehicle for a fraction of the price and throwing a decent amount of money to get it up there. If it breaks, oh well.. it's an old car. I wouldn't feel the same about a brand new B9 A4
Exactly.

I rather we just take it back to what's practical and what's real, which is; what will a large sample size of A4 owners do in terms of tuning and modifying?
That question is easily answered by all the typical first modifications we see happening all the time, that's what im banking on here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page