Audi R8 - Star of Lucis - Final Fantasy Limited Edition - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:51 PM

(Thread Starter)
Audi R8 - Star of Lucis - Final Fantasy Limited Edition

This is pretty darn cool. A special edition just for Japan that comes with a Final Fantasy theme. Final Fantasy being the Japanese game that started in 1987.

Whether you know the game or not, this is gorgeous nonetheless.

Price point... well let's say it's a "bit" higher than the average Audi R8 V10 Plus.

$620,600.

You also can't just buy it.. you have to enter a lottery system and be picked to earn the opportunity to buy it.

Exclusive enough ?

Now watch this epic trailer.. also, there's a link following the video that outlines exactly what's changed.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/...r8-star-lucis/
#2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 03:02 PM

No thanks, with that kind of money I rather use a good portion of it for a downpayment on a Porsche 918 and then the rest for month to month payments. Plus being the type of vehicle the 918 has become to be, it will likely go up in value, actually making you a profit in the end... winning!
#3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 03:27 PM

(Thread Starter)
You could also get a Ferrari F12 TDF and you'll still have enough money for a spiffy track suit

#4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 03:20 PM

Try telling that to someone in the middle east or even in China since odds are that's where this will end up, or any nation that's really racking it in right now. Still, it's a hard justification. At the end of the day you have to really like the R8.

Even buying an Aventador and pocketing the rest of the money is more appealing to me.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 03:41 PM

(Thread Starter)
Only available to Japan, but I'm sure there's a loophole they'll figure out to get their hands on one. The lottery thing definitely intrigues me. I would have put it for auction with a starting price of $600k and see what happens.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 08:28 PM

Or... 2 Hurricane LP610s and a couple turbo kits.. just saying.
#7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 AM

(Thread Starter)
Huracan? Lol. Okay so it's figured out that you can buy a different car or cars for that amount of money that would ultimately end up being so much more worth it. Now the other question I'm going to bring on is, when someone gets it, do you think the car will increase in value over time for being so extremely limited ?
#8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Huracan? Lol. Okay so it's figured out that you can buy a different car or cars for that amount of money that would ultimately end up being so much more worth it. Now the other question I'm going to bring on is, when someone gets it, do you think the car will increase in value over time for being so extremely limited ?
if it goes up I doubt it will go up by much, but downwards there is potential

usually cars that hold value and grow in value have something really special going on so if this was some high spec performance R8 limited to 300 units then that would be the case.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 11:09 AM

Referencing something above, the only way I'll see someone paying more money for this down the road, it'll be someone from Dubai or something. Those guys I find take the most pride in having something extremely exclusive and limited. Now limited to 1 ? They'll pay some darn good money for it. $14.2 million dollars for the license plate number 1
#10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNine View Post
Referencing something above, the only way I'll see someone paying more money for this down the road, it'll be someone from Dubai or something. Those guys I find take the most pride in having something extremely exclusive and limited. Now limited to 1 ? They'll pay some darn good money for it. $14.2 million dollars for the license plate number 1
China is another one too but still, when there are other things you can get these days with far more going on within reach financially, why even bother.

If something like this was going for a $1 Million USD I rather spend that money on a new Aston Martin Lagonda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page