What's Everyone Replacing ? - B9 Audi A4 Forum

#1 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 03:59 PM

(Thread Starter)
What's Everyone Replacing ?

What is everyone replacing with the new A4 ? I'm actually not going to be replacing my daily, but adding to the stable as some would say. How about you guys ?
#2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 09:26 PM

Going to be replacing my 328i (E36) with an A4 or something in the segment, just waiting till its ready to call it quits. It's in a condition that's not enough to get a good amount of money for, so just riding this one out.

What do you have in your stable?
#3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 02:49 PM

(Thread Starter)
Oh nice ! I currently have a 325xi (E46) lol. Silver, auto. Few spots of rust but nothing too crazy. Runs extremely smoothly so I don't see a point in getting rid of it. Even if I do sell it, I won't get much so might as well keep it and use it out. Kinda leaves me debating as to when I'll get around to picking up the A4. I know I want it, but just gotta work things out schedule wise it seems.

#4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 03:54 PM

Nice.

Not sure about you but the potential costs that will come from this newer Audi is a bit of a concern along with reliability, but i'm seeing we can prepay for maintenance. But then again leasing is always an option and to be honest being the first year of a new year model we're guinea pigs at this point... another reason why i'm holding on to the BMW.

Have you considered those things?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:46 PM

2001 Honda Accord V-6 with 256,000 on it. Ha! Most bullet proof car I every owned. Crossing my fingers on the A4 Prem + package. I'm trusting the Germans know what they are doing. If not, I'll be looking elsewhere for my next car. Liebe die Art, wie es fährt
#6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Nice.

Not sure about you but the potential costs that will come from this newer Audi is a bit of a concern along with reliability, but i'm seeing we can prepay for maintenance. But then again leasing is always an option and to be honest being the first year of a new year model we're guinea pigs at this point... another reason why i'm holding on to the BMW.

Have you considered those things?
I have considered those, as you would know as well, anything German never comes with friendly repair prices lol. But things have gotten better in life in regards to work, that being said, I'm just like everyone else that doesn't want to spend more money than he has to. It does worry me a bit that we are the guinea pigs, you're totally right. I'm willing to take the plunge though, hopefully whatever goes wrong, happens in the span of warranty, especially the big things.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:07 PM

(Thread Starter)
Sorry for the double-post but for some reason I couldn't quote @Pdaugh reply.

But! Those V-6 Accords were pretty darn quick too man! Did you have the coupe or the sedan??

Do you plan on waiting a little to see if the car's in line for 6 months or so or do you plan on jumping on it and grabbing it asap ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the B9 Audi A4 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page